Sunday, August 22, 2010

To Greige Or Not To Greige...

As far as beauty treatments go, nail polish is one of those things I like but don't spend a lot of time on. I'm not much of a mani/pedi girl (talk to a dermatologist for five minutes and you'll swear off them for life), I can't keep my nails from chipping past a day or two, and I just don't like the hassle or base coat/top coat/polish/polish remover. I'm tired just thinking about it. But I like how polish looks - especially all those cool trendy colors. It's like this quick and cheap little statement about yourself - like hello I know what's cool and it's this $7 bottle of color.

So I've been reading a lot about greige polish. Funny name for basically a grey/beige combo. It sounded kinda perfect since grey has been what I've secretly been wanting to paint my bathroom forever (that or lime green - big difference). But grey sounded like a hard color to wear - you don't exactly want to look dead. But then I saw an article that said if it had a pink tone to it - you'd nix all that pale vampire look and get a pretty complimentary color to your skin tone. Worth checking out if I do say so myself.

While at Target picking out a wedding gift I swung by the nail polish aisle and scooped up It's Possible be Nicole for OPI. OPI is by far my fav but I don't have time to swing by Trade Secret every time I need polish and Nicole works just as well. So I tried it out. After a few mishaps (I was trying to get dressed and do my hair for the wedding and paint my nails) I had a pretty perfect set of polished fingers.

The color? A pinky grey/brown with just the right amount of shimmer.

The verdict? I don't think I look as tan as when I wear white polish and it's not as summery as my bright pinks and corals... but it's a pretty color and much more work appropriate then my bright blue nails of a few weeks ago. I would say it's actually the perfect trendy color for a job interview. It looks professional enough you can skate by without calling attention to bright purple tips.

What do you think? (I'll try to post a photo when I can).

No comments:

Post a Comment