Saturday, January 29, 2011

Time to Shop

I am so excited that Spring looks are hitting stores. Good bye snow, hello bright colors and fun flirty outfits. The last few seasons, I haven't been that impressed with The Limited - gasp... not impressed by my one time fav store? I know right... but I think some of their new looks hit it out of the park - and I can't wait to update my closet with these lovelies...

First up... I love party dresses. Who doesn't need a couple of fun dresses littering their closet. You never know when you might be invited to a drop everything and go fancy party. And this dress is my number one want.


It totally reminds me of a more attainable version of this dress.

Which despite what a lot of critics say - I love. And I'm a sucker for a LBD (little black dress). I think this dress could be totally dressed down - through a sweater or jacket over it and no one will know it's a one sleeve number.

Next up...

So very Audrey or Grace. Over the years, I have made a conscious effort to pick classic elegant (My motto - what would Audrey wear) over trendy. Elegant you'll grab five years from now out of your closet, trendy will be sent to the Goodwill after a year. I can't find this skirt on their website. Disappointing. But I will stake it out at the store.

I've been big into mixing it up recently. Dragging out my teal sweater over a dress. Adding a pop of color with shoes. So how cute is this? I love the dress (saw it in the window display a month ago and wanted it then) and the little sweater - super adorbs... Plus this is really easy to wear anywhere - work, bridal shower, baby shower, you name it.

Ok this one I'd need to try on. I'm short and too much on the bottom makes me look - well shorter. But I love this skirt, ruffles and all. I am all about crazy skirts with understated colors on top. The belt is super cute too. I think I'm in love.


Another very wearable look. Actually I think I have all of this in my closet. Yellow and white scarf - check. Yellow sweater - check (actually it's a short sleeve cousin to this from The Limited last summer). Black pants - hello what Audrey Hepburn fan wouldn't own a half dozen pair of classic black pants.


What I love about this is I'm 90% sure it's the dress a few pictures up with a sweater over it. Anything I can mix into multiple looks is a huge plus. Unlike some looks with a dress used as a skirt - you totally can't tell and could pull it off on your own - without the help of Photoshop.

Anyway - I need to get ready... busy day. But kudos Limited. You won me back. And PS your bridal collection has gotten a lot better - you've come along way from two bridal gowns. Some of the dresses look a tad bridesmaid but I guess that's to be expected. But I love how costs effective it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment