Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week 23 of the 52 Week Challenge

I know late but I have a valid excuse this time... personal stuff I'm not getting into on her. lol.... Anyway, I have a great idea for a week but again I have to save it because I just don't have the time or energy this week. Sooooo frivolous and easy it is. I don't know about you but I am a magazine junky. I'm probably who magazine people want in focus groups. I will subscribe to magazines like they are candy. Those puppies aren't cheap. I currently have 4 subscriptions going - although one was free and ending so I'm on the prowl for a new magazine (I'm debating between Shape and Self - thoughts anyone???).

So with all these magazines lying around I got to thinking how often I actually try something other than a recipe in them. And came up with the challenge this week.... drum roll please. Find a magazine and try one suggestion they have - whether it be a recipe, a friend date, a sex tip, a make-up tip, a hobby idea, I don't care... you can pick whatever you want.

I've already nailed a few options. Glamour (my current magazine of choice - I'm only hoping one day they'll read this and see what a brilliant guest columnist I'd be and that they should give me free mags for life) - had how to do an easy messy updo and since my pin-straight hair is usually down - I gave it a whirl on Saturday. I haven't worn it out yet because I feel a bit like a ballerina but it was super easy and I loved it for summer. Basically it's a bun - what did you think I'm going to actually curl and pin it into something elaborate??? And I also tried the "it" nail color of turquoise - I do have to work so it's on my toes and I'm not sure I love it as much as my go to dark purple in the winter but it's a cute unexpected alternative to white. On the nail polish note - I swear I think these mags have a deal with OPI because the "it" color changes more frequently then change socks. It's green, it's yellow, its grey, its purple... hows a girl to keep up.

One thing I'm not trying? Cosmo (a magazine I'm debating dropping) suggested that a hot make-up tip for summer was different color lips, red on bottom, pink on top or some other combination. If the model can't pull it off - I know I can't. Seriously whoever thought that up was ridiculous. It's def. a runway thing that cannot be pulled off in real life. She looked ridiculous.

So let me know what you try. I think this one could be fun.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound cute! I do agree you are a magazine junkie, haha! But agreed, those are cute. You usually just read them and that's it, not actually try them. And trying the recipe is one step better than most, so, at least you got that!

    PS - my toes are turquoise too. I didn't see that in Glamour, (PS to Glamour, she really does love the mag and would make a great guest writer), but I've always been a fan of "pool blue" as I used to call it (for the summer) on my toes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love magazines. I swear I would subscribe to probably five if I could afford it and actually read them all before they are three months old.

    I want to try a darker pool blue - they had a cute one in Glamour where they matched it with hot pink decorations. It looked nice - I would need to pay to get someone to do the designers though.

    ReplyDelete