Sunday, June 27, 2010

Week 25 of the 52 Week Challenge

This one is more for me but feel free to tweak to make it work for you. I have a few writing contest coming up that I want to enter and I need to make myself get motivated and buckle down. Procrastination may be an art I've mastered but there comes a time when a girl has to get serious. So this week my challenge is to write ten minutes a day. Ten minutes! That's cutting out blow drying my hair every morning or not checking my email or having a twenty minute lunch - I can do this!

The thing is you can do this too. If writing isn't your thing - try something else. Work out, go for a walk, sing, paint, whatever... rekindle a passion you had for whatever hobby you want. Ten minutes isn't much a commitment and that's the entire point. I think if you sit down and say I'm working on this for three hours you probably won't even try. You'll think to yourself - three hours - I don't have three hours - I need to clean my house, meet friends, cook dinner, etc. Three hours is ridiculous. But if you say ten minutes completely to yourself. You can shut the door with confidence and stay in there ten minutes of three hours (if you get caught up). So good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment