Sunday, April 4, 2010

Final Five Project Runway Style

If you can't tell by now I follow Project Runway with a mild obsession - meaning I would love to go to lunch with Heidi and Tim (call me!) and watch it On Demand as soon as it pops up (meaning I can't stay up late enough to see the end and I like being able to fast-forward through commercials). So they are down to the final five and here are my thoughts.


Anthony is soooo super funny. Spoiler - Maya ends up leaving because it's too hard, she's not ready, blah blah blah... and they bring back Anthony - who got kicked off last week. I don't know if he's the most talented but his personality kills - he's just outgoing and bubbly and funny and you can't help but want him to win. His dress for Jessica Alba was pretty hot too (for being a pretty simple looking black and white dress). One of his other awesome dresses is on this month's Marie Claire magazine.

I wish I could find some of his quotes but apparently no one posts any of the really good ones. Needless to say they wouldn't come off as funny in writing anyway. I look forward to when the show focuses on him.

As for Maya - I didn't really like her fashions but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity suck it up and at least wait to get kicked off!

Other thoughts:

The only girl left Mila - not a fan. I'm not going to say someone isn't talented - I mean obviously you're to this point - but I don't really like what she does. It's a bit of a one-trick pony... oh another color-block dress (yawn).

Emilio - He does pretty cool designs (minus this hideous bikini thing he made one week). Heidi was gushing over his dress this week - some sequin thing and although sequins aren't really my thing the dress was pretty gorgeous.

Seth Aaron - I could see him winning. It's not my style - punk rocker chic but he's good and he's constantly being innovative. He knows who he is and what his line would be about which I like. Plus, I'm always curious to see what he puts out because it makes you think - wow I wouldn't have thought to pair that with this, etc.

Jay - He could win too. He always does these pretty technical pieces. This week was just ok a corset like top with this big skirt...
As you can see, Anthony has by far the biggest personality so I tend to focus on him more. Seth Aaron a close second...
Are you watching? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment