Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 15 of the 52 Week Challenge

I forgot to do this Sunday and with all the drama yesterday I didn't do it then either... so this week is appropriate I think and pretty easy. Be nicer.

Nice always gets a bad rap. You're looked at being the girl (or guy) that gets walked all over. Or maybe the second choice as in, girls may date the bad guys but they marry the nice ones. But we could all stand to be a little nicer. My mom always used to say to us growing up - if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

So this week, or what's left of it, I'm going to try to be nicer. Which means I won't type back an angry email to Maid (see previous post). I won't scream nastiness (even if it's just in my car) to the bad driver in front of me. And I'll try not to say anything unless I have something nice to say. This does not mean I'm going to let myself be walked all over and there are sometimes when you just have to stand up for yourself - but if that happens - I'll say it all as nicely as possible.

Oh and as for Maid, I did a trick that helps me vent, I typed up an email of all the bad and not so bad things I would say to her - starting with I want an apology for your rude and uncalled for behavior and I hit delete. Tip - if you are going to do said email to someone you know - don't actually type their email address in the to field. You may accidentally hit send and regret it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment