Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Favorite Things - The Limited

Was this a secret? If so, poorly kept. Especially if the sales people recognize you when you walk in and point you to the new stuff. Since I'm trying to be good and not spend money (see post re. new computer) I haven't been in forever but The Limited is torturing me with $15 coupons and emails about their newest clothes. I swear I think it's all a trick to get me back in the store (obviously).


Anyway, a while back I talked about wanting a romper. I've been pretty discouraged because most said rompers are a. hard to find (this isn't exactly CA or NY) b. incredibly unflattering (i.e. gives you no butt or diaper butt) or c. don't fit properly (diaper butt/no butt excluded, I've found the bottoms are tight, the tops too big, etc....). But guess what popped into my inbox a few days ago....















A turquoise romper (which is what I wanted) at my favorite store ever!!! For half a second I debated calling in sick to get to the mall but that would be just silly... right? Well anyway, they have three options... turquoise above for $69.50.














This option which I love - how cute is the one shoulder look? It's $79.50 (a little steep I think).
















And this... not sure what to think.... I don't know I'm not so much a fan but I might try it on. You can never tell in photos. This one is $69.50.


So I'm going this weekend even if I have to sneak over there and hide the package in my car for a month... or maybe I can tell K The Limited had a special buy one get one free deal??? I'll admit all the prices are a little high for what's really shorts but I do have the $15 coupon, plus a few others floating around that will help. And really - these things might not even fit right!



Anyway, what do you think? Would you wear a romper?

2 comments:

  1. Ok, first off, no one is surprised Limited is your favorite store. Secondly, the diaper butt made me laugh, but I disagree with the no butt or diaper butt. I think it gives everyone the same thing... doo-doo butt. Like you took a big steamy one in your pants. These above rompers look pretty dressy though, like you'd wear them with heels, not with flats around town. Let us know what happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao. I didn't try the brown one on. It looked ok on the rack but I'm not saying I wouldn't try it if it were on sale. The strapless one was just ok on - it had pockets on the butt to help give shape but the top didn't fit me right since I'm not 5'10 I think it came up too high. Butt was cute but was cutting across teh chest weird. Read part II for the update on the one shoulder. ;)

    ReplyDelete