Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 18 of the 52 Week Challenge

Since summer is around the corner and with that brings bathing suits... my next few challenges are about getting healthy. I did some research early this weekend and can't find an exact amount of water that you need a day - does anyone know? It appears that some people think enough to replenish what you lose, other says 8 oz 8 times a day and then there was a third site that was saying it depends on the person. Since the 8 x 8 is the rule I've heard most often - I'm going with that. This week - we'll even start Monday - the challenge is to drink 8 oz of water 8 times a day.

I already have my favorite water bottle ready. It's 26 oz so to make it easy on myself (if my math is right) I need to drink to drink 3 whole bottles of water from it a day. Not too bad - right now I typically go through 2 full bottles a day... I'll just increase my trips to the water fountain by one.

Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. No!! The 8x8 rule is SOOO antiquated! No fitness people use that one anymore. It's take your weight, and drink half that in ounces. So, if you weigh 128, then 8x8 works for you. Now, while that might be somewhat appropriate for you and/or a lot of people, it's not going to cut it if you're an average person who weighs more. So, anyways, obviously, the more you weigh, the more you have to drink! I definitely drink a lot of water a day, I have a water bottle I take to work, and try to drink it 4 times, which I do! That's 96 ounces a day (and no, I don't weigh 192 lbs!!) so I think I've got my water covered.

    This is a great one!! Really good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been the third idea I was reading but it was too much math for me. I didn't do too well today... off to a not so great start. But if your math is right then 8x8 is pretty close for me. 96 ounces is a lot! A lot of sites were saying you could count any liquid not just water - so I had a huge coffee and a glass of milk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard liquid works, just not soda or sugary juices more than once a day. If you have two sodas or two juices, then you can only count one of them. More natural ones like coffee, tea, milk, you can count!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did better today but I did knock over a full water bottle in a meeting - embarrassing... the dangers of all this water consumption!!!

    ReplyDelete