Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rompers II

So I went to The Limited last night - I had to get a Mother's day gift and to try on a romper. They totally reminded me why I love that store. I figured out what's wrong with the other rompers I've seen and tried on. Most are one pieces with no zippers or buttons or buttons only at the top near your chest. The piece is meant to be pulled on up over your hips and then slipped over your shoulders if there are straps. Meaning it has to be big enough to get over your hips (which I don't know about you but are the widest part of my body). So in the end you get what's the equivalent of a sack.

So I went in and picked up the turquoise one. They had sold out of the one shoulder one!!! I tried on a large which was way too big but I wanted to see if it was even halfway cute. I'm in love. The turquoise I tried on a small. There was a zipper on the shorts and buttons up each side of the top - allowing the fabric to open enough to slide over your hips and butt. The turquoise one is super cute on - I still had a butt. haha.... the only thing I'm not crazy about on that one is that it hits pretty high on my chest (much higher than on the model). So I didn't buy either one but I'm going to order the black one later and will give you a final assessment then.

But my tip if you are going to dare a romper - pay more and get one with sides that can be unzipped or unbuttoned - the extra give will allow the piece to still be form fitting once closed.

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Update - I bought the black one shoulder romper and a bright yellow belt to break it up... loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! Can't wait to see it on!

    ReplyDelete