Saturday, May 1, 2010

Inside a Make-Up Junkies Bag I

This is a new topic for me which I'm going to try and see how long it lasts. With summer fast approaching (if not already here) in the South, I'm changing my beauty routine a bit. It sounds strange at first but I tend to wear powder (mineral) foundation in the winter and tinted moisturizer in the summer. You would think my skin would want the extra moisture in the winter but I have to rave that Bare Minerals looks completely natural without the cakey-effect that I feel like some foundations leave. And you already know I swear by Eucerin face lotion.


Anyway, I switch to tinted moisturizer in the summer for one reason - it's easier. Who wants to put on a bunch of make-up when it's three hundred degrees in the shade? Winter is the time for the arsenol of beauty products - concealer, foundation, bronzer, powder. Summer is the time for quick and easy. My one true love in tinted moisturizer comes from Estee Lauder. It's called Day Wear Plus Multi-Protection Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 - I get light medium 02. I actually wear it with the Eucerin because short of the product getting discontinued I'm not giving that up and I don't feel like my face gets too greasy. That being said my skin tends to crave moisture so unless you have super dry skin I would try it alone first and see how your skin does.

I can't say enough about this product. Clinique used to make a tinted moisturizer and I had used that forever until it got discontinued - but Clinique's loss is Estee Lauder's gain because I would not switch back and it has opened the door to my trying out more of their products.

I wear this instead of foundation. Dab a bit of concealer around your eyes if you need it. Throw on some blush or bronzer and mascara and you're set. You can even wear it to the pool or the beach and get a tiny bit of cover-up without looking like you're wearing a full on mask. The price isn't horrible - $36 range - about the same as regular foundation at the department store and it last forever. You only need a dime size amount.

What's in your summer beauty bag?

3 comments:

  1. AAAHHH, this made me excited for summer. I tend to do the tinted moisturizer as well, because it's less heavy like you said. Truthfully though, once I get a tan, I wear no foundation on my face in the summer, just some bronzer and blush. And of course, the requisite mascara and eye shadow, haha, what was that I was saying about going light!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - love the new topic thread! Looking forward to hearing what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks :)

    I love how it sounds so simple the summer routine until we spell it out and its really just the same amount but switching products. I'm trying ot be good about not tanning this year maybe I'll try Estee's spray tanner... would at least make a post.

    ReplyDelete