Thursday, March 18, 2010

Get Reading I

If you don't know by now that I love reading then you haven't been reading this blog too closely. I've been thinking back to that post on the BBC book list and how the point was that most people hadn't read those books or even a portion of those books. Anyway, I figured from now on I'm going to start posting a list of a few books a month I think are decent enough you should give them a read. Some may be more fluff than substance, some might be classics... it's whatever I'm feeling and whenever I get around to it (hey I'm not committing to a day on this - sorry!).

So here's my first list. Read them all or pick and choose. I will say I will have read every book that makes my Get Reading Lists just I might not have read them recently.

1. Gone With The Wind - I have to say this is one case where I like the movie better than the book but it's a classic - you have to have read it once.

2. My Sister's Keeper - I think after awhile Jodi Picoult books get to all sounding the same but that being said - this is the first book of hers I ever read and I think it is probably one of the best ones she wrote.

3. The Time Traveler's Wife - My book club gave this mixed reviews but I still love it.

4. Persuasion - I did not want to read this book one bit. But I loved it. It is by far one of my favorite Jane Austin books.

5. Wuthering Heights - Love it. Hands down one of my favorite books. Who wants to go see the movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment