Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So I have an interview on Friday and I'm basically procrastinating doing this writing assignment they want (by tomorrow morning). First off the assignment is a press release but I don't feel like there is enough information in the document they gave me to write anything substantial and I'm not sure if we're supposed to go on the website and get more information... I mean a little instruction here would be nice.

So I had to go by an outfit because one I always feel more confident in something new that I think is totally fierce. And two because I'll take any good reason to go shopping.

This is what I got (http://www.thelimited.com/):

What do you think? Obviously would look way better if they would shell out a little extra money to have real people in their clothes but I thought it was cute. It's different - not your standard black suit (hard to tell but there is a pattern and a slight sheen to the material) but not so crazy they'll take one look at me and shut the door. I'm thinking a white cami underneath and my pearls because it's expected. I don't think an interview is the time or place to break out my glass ring and purple nail polish.

So I'm confident about the outfit now I need to wow them with this writing sample and interview. My goal - make them know they can't live without me. Wish me luck!
Side note about a model in the clothes - I was thinking about this after I hit publish. And maybe no model is good. I'm not distracted by some 18 year old, 6 ft, 100 lb model and I can really judge the outfit. Usually I'm left pondering - ok well Marissa Miller looks amazing in that bikini but could I pull it off being that I'm probably a few pounds heavier and a lot of inches shorter (and I don't have professional hair, make-up and a spray tan).

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I like the new suit! Nothing better to get you feeling confident for an interview!!

    ReplyDelete