Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 8 update

So how is the cooking coming? So far I made one new thing but I didn't have a recipe - so does that count?

I sliced (ok K did) potatoes up and put them in a frying pan with oil, a little butter, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, basil and garlic powder and cooked them for dinner last night. Super yummy.

Last week I made a taco salad - I had a recipe but I tweaked it. Here you go (my version):

1 lb ground beef
1 cucumber
approx 1 head of lettuce
2 Roma tomatoes
onion (to taste)
garlic (to taste)
cumin
salt
pepper
onion powder
3/4 cup French dressing
1 cup salsa
whole grain tortilla chips (broken up)
Cheddar Cheese
can of black beans (drained)

Ok this is super easy. Cook the beef. Towards the end add onion, garlic, spices and beans. Heat through. Meanwhile, wash all the veggies and put in a bowl. Cool the meat mixture a bit and then put on top of veggies - combine. Top with cheese and chips.

In another bowl combine salsa and French dressing to make your salad dress.

First off I never would have thought to combine salsa and French dressing but it was by far one of the best dressings I've ever had. Highly recommend.

I'm debating tonight making a new pasta recipe - I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. MMmmmmm, Mexican is always my favorite. I'll have to try this out, although I will say cooking anything more than broccoli and a chicken breast is asking a little much of me since it's only ever three for dinner - me, myself, and I! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even cooking for two is horrible. All recipes I've ever found are for four to six. So we end up eating lasagna or taco salad for eight days. The salad would be easy enough to half and make only enough for one or two though. This is why I have Chinese and Pizza programmed into my phone.

    ReplyDelete