Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Week 9 Update

So this week is all about getting back in touch with people you may not have talked to for awhile. If you're anything like me you have the same two people on speed dial and everyone else seems to be catch up when you can. It's not that I don't love my other friends - I simply don't have the time.

So I started this week by leaving messages for KR - she's been in school and moving so it's been hard to find time to catch up. We still haven't actually talked but I think a voicemail totally counts. I did catch up with S. S and I used to talk practically every day but I've been busy recently and she just had a baby so it's been harder to catch up. It was nice to just touch base and reconnect.

And today, which I'm totally counting. I talked to O. Ok so he called me but it counts. I met O my freshman year of college. He knew my roommate and had a huge crush on her. So we ended up hanging out a lot and he became one of my best friends. The funny thing is later when I met K it turned out he and O were roommates - small world. O is one of those friends that I can go months without talking to him and its like we're right back where we started - sitting in a dorm room gabbing about anything and everything. I will say it is nice to have a guy for a bff. Sure you're not going to discuss girl issues but you can talk about pretty much anything else and you get a guy's perspective in return. Plus (sorry gfs) with guys you never get the petty drama that sometimes engulfs relationships with other girls.

So tonight has so far been good. I meant to take C for a walk (our nightly tradition now that its warm) but I sat on the porch and chatted away until O's phone died. K made beef stew this am so I don't have to cook. Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. I like this one! I'm doing it! I'm going to call one of my best friends from college that I haven't talked to in probably a year (sorry, random facebook posts do not count!!). This was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I thought it was a good idea b/c I feel like I always call the same people and everyone else fits into a category of like once a month or something. But I was super glad he called. It was one of those moments when my phone rang and I actually thought depending on who it is I don't want to talk to anyone right now. But I saw O and obv. picked up. I agree FB posts do not count.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it! Actually did a different friend, one that lives in Richmond that I haven't seen in 2 years. We went out on Saturday and had a blast! This was a good one!

    ReplyDelete