Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Splish Splash

It's going to be in the 80's for Easter weekend. Summer is right around the corner and my favorite summer clothing (aside from sundresses and cute tanks) is bathing suits. I'm mildly obsessed with them. I'll readily admit I don't look close to Marissa Miller or Heidi Klum in a bikini but a girl can dream that just the right one will give you super model curves.

I think ever since college, I've bought one... or three... bathing suits a season. I keep them all tucked away in a hat box in the guest bedroom and each summer I pull them all out and just breath in the smell of beach and chlorine that lingers no matter how many times you wash them.

Here are a few I found on www.victoriassecret.com that I could spend the rest of the summer lounging by a pool or on the beach in....


I am a sucker for details around the waist... belts, ruffles, pattern, you name it. I feel like it cinches everything in.



Proving there can be an old-Hollywood sexy-glam to a one-piece. Maybe you don't need a bikini to look like a beach goddess.

I love that it looks a bit naughty - like you slipped out of your shorts and shirt and took a dive in your bra and panties.





I have always wanted and am terrified of a white suit. There's always that is it see-through factor. I love the turquoise accent color though.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, okay, so I desperately need to lose weight! Haha! But seriously, you are probably the only person I know that loves to buy bathing suits! Everyone groans and is like "man, I'm not ready" (even though technically ready for the summer, just not the suit!) So that cracks me up. Also, I loved your description of the suits, because it's right, no matter how much you wash them, they smell like sand and for me suntan lotion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll readily admit I won't look nearly as good as those models in the suits but I still love bathing suits. I don't know why.

    I think knowing which ones work and which ones I need to stay away from has helped. They can rant about string bikinis being a girl's best friend but I hate them - they never sit right on top - always riding up, etc. I like halters with a bit of padding and a belted bottom. Although I've been kinda craving the one pieces that have a tiny skirt on them but I tried one on last year and it didn't really do my hips any favors...

    Looking back at the ones I picked they all have similiar shapes... too funny.

    I'll have to find more bathing suit obsessed readers haha...

    ReplyDelete