Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Glamour = Posh Spice

I love my Glamour magazine subscription. Until maybe three years ago I was a Cosmo girl through and through. For some reason (maybe I'm getting older) but Cosmo doesn't have the same allure it had when I was sixteen. I subscribed to Glamour when I moved back to VA and could no longer take advantage of S's free leftover magazines. So how does this relate to Posh Spice?
Let's back track a bit. It's the 90's. The biggest band on the planet (or in my planet) is the Spice Girls. I loved everything about them - what can I say I love cheesy pop music and glamorous clothes. The Spice Girls would probably fall in line somewhere after Britney Spears in my all-time favorite bands/musicians. You can boo all you want that the songs aren't great and that they might not be able to sing without computer help but I love them. I love each and every cheesy song. And from the beginning Posh Spice was my favorite (followed closely by Baby and Ginger, the other two not so much).

What was not to love about Posh? She didn't really sing all that much but was in a hugely popular group. She wore great clothes (for the time - mid drifts and chunky platform heels aren't that great anymore). She was gorgeous and had a cool accent.

So I was pretty thrilled when my Glamour arrived and who should the cover model be but Mrs. Beckham (aka Posh) herself. So here are a few of my favorite photos (pick up the March Glamour or visit http://www.glamour.com/ for more).



Love her or hate her - you have to admit she's got an amazing figure (although sometimes too skinny) and amazing clothes. I know people are always all about Lady Gaga and her boundary pushing style but normal girls wouldn't wear that. Victoria pushes the style boundaries but in a way that makes average women sit up and say I want super short hair, or I want five inch stilettos and a pencil skirt. I think a trendsetter is someone that pushes the rules but is still somewhat attainable.

2 comments:

  1. Ok! I'm back!!! Not a huge Victoria Beckham fan, but to each their own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't say she's my favorite but I like how she pushes the envelope just enough and doesn't seem to take herself too seriously. She was pretty funny in the interview.

    ReplyDelete