Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week 10 of the 52 Week Challenge

Only 42 more weeks to go! So this week I'm going to be slightly selfish and make the goal something that might force me to do something. This week you have to do something you wouldn't normally do.

This could be saying yes to drinks with an acquittance. Buying that camera you've been eyeing (that's me but not sure I'll pull the trigger). Signing up for a yoga class. Whatever... think outside of your box.

For me? Well the camera could make my list but I'm not sure I want to spend the money. And I did pull the trigger on a piece of art at the craft show yesterday (I can't pick it up until May) but still that was big for me - usually I'll say I'll think about it and then never do anything.

But what I'm really debating about (and I can't say I would never go) is there is a book festival and writing classes next Saturday about an hour from here. The classes I picked are free so it isn't the costs. Its forcing myself to do something alone (I don't really know anyone that's as hardcore into writing that they want to sit through classes most of the day). Their website and my writing group all make it sound very interesting and pretty unique that they have writers teaching classes for free. And my goal this year is to actually write something I can start editing to be published, so this could really help me. The thing is if the classes/festival were in town I wouldn't think twice about going. Since I have to drive to a new city and figure out the hotel, etc. I'm a bit more nervous. So I'm hoping this goal will force me to go - or I might just have to go buy a very expensive camera so I can say I completed it.

2 comments:

  1. OH yea!!! I'm glad you're doing this!! You totally should do the workshop! You've been talking about it forever! And I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it! Good for you! And wow, trying to get published is HUGE! You can do it!! GOOOOO RAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have to be motivated so I'm making it my goal to finish a book by the end of the year then we'll see what happens... Haha is it cheating if I make my book the book club pick because I'll need editors ...

    ReplyDelete