Friday, March 5, 2010

Week 8 Update II

This is a little late but I haven't had time to post. Tuesday night I was all amped up to try another new recipe. The potatoes weren't really a recipe so I wasn't sure if it would technically count. So I picked this pasta recipe that sounded pretty good. Basically a lower fat version than full on Alfredo sauce. So it was called Spinach Pasta with Cheese. First off anything with cheese in the title gets my attention. And K loves pasta so I thought it was a good compromise.

It smelled good cooking so I got even more excited. I decided to make dessert too to surprise him. I hardly ever start cooking before K gets home. Usually I'll play with C, go through the mail, check all my usual websites while trying to keep C from destroying random papers on the shredder, call friends, etc. And then when he gets home I'll lay around for ten minutes asking "I don't know what do you want for dinner" secretly hoping he'll finally cave and say we have enough money to go out (again).

In the end, the pasta recipe was no good. The sauce never really became watery. Basically it was a ball of spinach coated ricotta cheese that I tried to mix in with the pasta. I thought it was gross from the first day. K liked it but he ate it again on Wednesday and said it was gross. Oh well - a mad face goes in the recipe book.

You never know if you don't try.

2 comments:

  1. I'm cooking L dinner Friday night! Do you have a recipe for me? What do you suggest? Do it as a post! How to make a simple, yet romantic dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look through my recipe books. Does it count if it's someone elses? What type of food are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete