Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm Day Dreaming of Warm Weather....

Since VA has decided to turn into the Arctic, I for one have been daydreaming non-stop of Spring and Summer. My dreams revolving around a pool, vacations and less layers. Never again will I complain about 100 degree weather. Anything is better than all this snow!

I will say all this snow has inspired my Spring fashion - as in anything rainbow colored, the brighter the better. I went shopping after work for snow boots - apparently like sleds all the snow boots are gone until next year. But the shoe store happens to be next to Old Navy so... let's just say major props to the window designer at Old Navy. What better way to attract customers sick of all this cold weather, big puffy coats and dry skin then a bunch of brightly dressed mannequins screaming for you to come in and just slip into something a little bit brighter. And slip in I did. I quickly gathered up a bright florals, lime greens, lemon yellows, cool greys and scurried off to the dressing room.

I have to say I've always loved Old Navy. The clothes are relatively inexpensive. Slightly trendy but leaning more on comfortable. And their jeans fit me better than anything else I've found. So, I ended up buying more things than I should have and normally I totally would have waited for a sale but for some reason I couldn't make myself part with any of it. Besides which, due to all the snow my budget is looking pretty good. You can't spend money if you can't leave your house!

So what I'm loving after this trip - aside from all the tropical colors - grey jeans (they also had some super cute baby pink ones but they were cropped pants which don't look good on anyone under 5'6"), bright summer/spring scarfs, ballet flats, slightly 80's vibe t's... they also had some cute purses/totes that were very earth friendly looking but with a "painted" design on the front. For the jeans I think the spring colors were much easier to wear than the previous neon jeans that paraded around summer/fall '09. They had a grey, white, pale blue and baby pink. I actually found a second pair of grey ones on the clearance rack - even better!

So think spring people! Oh and if you know a place where I can get some snow boots asap let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I might wear mine Sunday. So if the weather is ok and you guys can make it then you can check them out.

    ReplyDelete