Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week 8 of the 52 Week Challenge

This one is another easy one. Try one new recipe this week. Go through a cookbook and pick something you've been dying to try or google something your favorite restaurant makes and figure out how to do it yourself.

Since getting my house along with home improvements, cooking has become something of a hobby. I'm not going to pretend I'm a great chef and I don't make anything fancy but I've learned it's ok to just try and if it doesn't come out so great there's always Papa John's.

So get out there and make something new! And be sure to keep me posted on what you make - I might want to arrange a recipe swap!

4 comments:

  1. Speaking of recipe swap one of the things that I read a while back about saving money was to get a group of friends together and make some meals in surplus and then divide them up among those who come to cook. I have been thinking about doing something like this but time seems to be my enemy. I really enjoy cooking but I hate to eat something more than once in a week and living along makes that heard without the food going bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe swap idea sounds fun. I heard of people hosting a cookie swap at Christmas. I feel like I don't know enough people that like to cook to host anything like that. lol I would totally want to do a dinner party with like four other people but I dont' know if that sounds old fashion haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh, this one will not be easy for me this week (although I did get a new recipe for stuffed peppers that I want to try! Yummy!). This week is just too busy for me! :( I won't even be able to eat one meal at home. So next week?

    I have been wanting to do a dinner party for ages now, just haven't gotten around to organizing it or thinking of who to invite. Looks like I have two right here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should do a dinner party! It'd be fun I now have three guest. :)

    You can pass until next week.

    ReplyDelete