Friday, February 19, 2010

Make-up Review: Almay

Ok I can't write the whole product name in the title because it's like three thousand words long. Seriously. Ok so this review is for Almay Intense i-color powder shadow trio for greens [eyes]. What? I don't have green eyes... I bought this one because the one for brown eyes was gross and this one was greens and purples.

So what does it look like? It's three shadows - a light green, a dark green and a dark purple. I was on a kick of getting something that I don't already have and it was also free with the mascara purchase see here.

I will have my disclaimer here - I've tried it twice. One, I don't wear green eyeshadow a lot and two I've been super lazy recently and been using my Bare Minerals Heart (purple color) and Blush (pink color) shadow. Super pretty if you just need some quick color. So anyway, yesterday I tried again.

Here's what I've found each time. The shadow goes on bright (as in wow are you wearing green eyeshadow?) but quickly lightens and a creases by the end of the day. You could say why don't you wear eyeshadow primer? My answer, I don't wear primer with any of my other shadows and they don't crease. I usually run concealer over my eyelid and then powder to set - my other brands are always okay with just this and frankly and I don't want to add the costs or time of primer to my list.

Bad: the eyeshadow fades and creases.

Good: The colors are really pretty - however the creasing and fading is annoying - I don't like looking like Mimi from Drew Carey in the morning just to have color by 5 pm. I'd probably try to find similar colors in other lines next time.

Price isn't bad - I can't remember how much it was since mine was free but I want to say typical drug store line $8 range.

My advice? I can't say buy it - I don't feel like it held up. Eyeshadow to me should pretty much stay put. It's fairly inexpensive so if you want to try it with primer be my guest. I would rather invest my money in products next time that I know have staying power - I know Clinique and Bare Minerals both have greens and purples in their lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment