Thursday, February 18, 2010

Weekly Challenge Update

So I know SP has done something nice this week - she told her neighbor that their car lights were on. What have you done? Are you sitting around not doing anything nice without thinking about how it will benefit you? I hope not!

So this is what I've done (it's nothing major but that's ok):

1. I bought a King Cake for Maudi Gras to surprise K. He loved it. He had never had it before and wanted me to get another one - too bad they're only out once a year.

2. I cooked dinner Tuesday night. Usually I wait for K to get home and ask him to help me - I will say this one was partially because I was starving but I did cook and clean up with no help and no "I did all this and you're just sitting around..." talk.

3. I let a guy out of his parking lot on the way home earlier this week. Normally I stare glassy eyed ahead and try to breeze through yellow lights. I slowed up and felt good that I was putting out all these good vibes.

4. I'm letting my mom borrow my work-out DVD. This is big for me - I hate sharing. I have this irrational fear that I'll give you my DVD (or whatever) and never see you again. That and my mom made me share as a kid ("it's nice to share" she used to chant at me) so now that I have a choice I'm the kid screaming "Mine" anytime someone gets close to anything semi-precious. So this is pretty big in my universe.

So I think I'm off to a good start.

2 comments:

  1. I thought these were all really great. EXCEPT for letting your mom borrow a DVD. Are you serious? You have that much of an issue!? It's your mom for crying out loud. I say it doesn't count! :) But I like the other ones, especially letting the guy out of the parking lot. That's a hard one to do when all you want to do is get out of there! I had a king cake too over Mardi Gras! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the DVD wasn't as big of a deal but I wanted more things for my list. Plus I do know where she lives. :)

    ReplyDelete