Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 7 Update - Giving Back

We all know giving back is important. It's not even all about the money although it would certainly help a lot of people right now. It's about doing what you can to help out something you believe in. So far I've donated money to both my undergraduate college and my graduate university. I'm debating donating money to the humane society (I entered C into a contest but you have to pay to win).

Today after work I had to run errands, one of them being going to the library to pick up a few books. One of the librarians and I got into a conversation and she mentioned that they heard there were budget cuts and they didn't know if that meant people would get laid off or if they would cut hours or close the library an extra day. This got me thinking about trying to figure out a way to help in my community. I don't know how and maybe there isn't anything I can do but I love that library. I've been going since I was a kid and I know a lot of the librarians just from stopping in so often. I need to do some research but my conversation really got me thinking. Just thought I'd throw it out there to all of you. Any ideas how I can help?

1 comment: