Monday, January 18, 2010

Make Up Review Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie

I'm a lip gloss junkie. Open my purse on any given day and fifteen lip glosses in various shades of pinks and nudes will tumble out. So when Clinique came out with the Vitamin C Lip Smoothie I had to try it out. And by try it out, I mean buy 2 of them.

Pros: No messy wands. Not super sticky like some glosses. Beautiful semi-sheer colors.

Cons: You have to twist the bottom of the tube to get the color to come out on the brush. The first time you do this, it takes forever and then a glob comes out. I'm not sure I like the brush better than the messy wand... jury is out on this. Price vs. quantity. At almost $18 a pop that's a little steep (I think) for a rather small tube of gloss.

I picked up:

Pink Me Up - a sheer almost bubble gum pink. I'm scared to say bubble gum because that makes me think 1985 but it is a pretty pinky pink. Goes on fairly sheer though so you're not talking bright grandma lips.

Raisin the Bar - a more neutral brownie-pink.

I like the lip gloss but I don't feel like it does anything dramatically different from my hoards of other glosses. Bottom line - its worth a try but I'm not sure it will land in my all-time must have favorites.

3 comments:

  1. So, I read the first paragraph, clicked on the link and was like "I Must get this!" But fortunately for me, I have you! So, meh is what I say now.

    I have soooo many lipglosses and just never wear them! Why is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this lipgloss. You're so right. It does take forever the first time to twist the color out! And then it squirts everywhere if you're not careful! But the colors are beautiful and sheer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't seem to get the right amount. Now I just do one or two twist and wait and if I need more do it again. It must be the new thing b/c I got a new lipgloss for Christmas (not Clinique) and its the same.

    ReplyDelete