Sunday, January 24, 2010

Recipe - Chicken Pot Pie

Ok so I didn't invent this... basically because I'm not a real chef but I do tweak recipes I find. That's part of the fun. The key to my recipes is they have to be easy and they have to be semi-healthy. I usually try to sub in low-fat/no-fat alternatives.

So Chicken Pot Pie....

Ingredients
Pie Crust (make your own if you really want to but I like Pillsbury)
1 lb Chicken (Turkey breast will also work) (cubed)
1 TBSP butter
1 onion or a few cloves of garlic (chopped or diced - I'm not a huge onion person so I never use a whole onion)
salt
pepper
1 small bag mixed veggies (you can go with fresh just cook them first)
1 can cream of chicken soup or cream of potato soup (I buy low-fat/low-sodium, etc).

Preheat oven to 425.

Melt better in pan. Toss in chicken and onion/garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is done or almost done. Stir in soup and half a can of water. Heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mixed veggies. The original recipe basically said to stir in for a few seconds until everything is mixed. I cook a few minutes.

Heat bottom of pie crust for about 6 minutes in oven. Take out and pour pie contents into crust. Top with top of pie crust. Slit the top. Bake 15 minutes. Should be golden brown and bubbly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment