Monday, January 11, 2010

Saving Tip 1

We hear this all the time but eat in more! I'm groaning just writing this. Really? I don't want to eat a homemade salad when the $10 one from the work cafeteria has fancy things like eggs and cheese on it and mine is just a bag of lettuce. Or my favorite excuse - I'm too tired to cook but not too tired to get back in my car and head to the local Chinese restaurant.

Think of it this way. If you eat out three meals a day, not only is that a lot of fattening calories (lets face it restaurant food is never good for you), but you're also easily blowing through $50 to $100 each day!

Now I'm not saying go cold turkey and never eat out again. Your friends will call you a hermit. You might start eating like a five year old - cereal and mac and cheese - because its easy. I'm saying be mindful of what you're spending and maybe cut back.

If you're typically eating out every day for lunch. Start by bringing your lunch two days a week.

If you meet friends for dinner every night after work, start by hosting a cooking party every Friday and rotate houses. Come up with a fun theme and have everyone bring an item. You'll try new foods and it'll be better for you and your wallet!

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment