Friday, November 20, 2009

Being Thankful is Good for You

Good news! Being thankful actually is good for you. I’m not kidding. I was reading last month’s Good Housekeeping this morning and they had an article about counting things you are grateful for instead of sheep to help you sleep. Apparently some scientist did a study that found that people who were more grateful slept longer and better than those who were “less appreciative”. The researchers said that the “grateful people had more positive – and fewer sleep-delaying negative – thoughts between turning in and drifting off”.

So, basically these researchers have given us another reason we should be thankful!


Source: Good Housekeeping, November 2009

2 comments:

  1. You know. I totally agree with this! And you know what else? I am totally thankful for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm thankful for you too. I had fun tonight!

    I think its true - I always tell K that when he gets all Debby Downer about work/budget/etc that if you just try to think positive and be happy with what you have it doesn't stress you out as much and in the end you're happier.

    ReplyDelete