Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful 25

Ahhh the joy of a short week. Why is it that we're (I'm saying we're because if you don't fall into this category something is wrong with you).... anyway Why is it that we're more excited than a kid at Christmas to have at least one day off from work. I swear I'm bouncing out of my seat as if waiting for that last bell to ring or for the clock to move from 4:59 to 5:00. It's like free vacation. And since my job we get like maybe seven holidays a year, when we get one I'm all the more thankful. How can you be upset when a Wednesday suddenly turned into a Friday?

The funny thing is if I stayed home all the time or maybe had a job that gave a bit more vacation and holiday time I probably wouldn't be as grateful. I'd be like oh I have to take another holiday (well maybe not that depressing but certainly not wahoo four day weekend!). So today I'm thankful for the little things like looking forward to four day weekends, that my oven started working again when I unplugged it and plugged it back in, that there is no snow on the ground and its still kinda warm out.... hmm whatelse... I will say I'll be even more thankful if Comcast puts the last Project Runway On Demand - seriously are they trying to kill me with anticipation... augh!

So happy day before Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! I just posted the exact same thing (except I'm trying to get out of here in 30 minutes - I posted at work, so mine is much shorter!)

    And no, I think if you stayed at home all the time or had a job with more vacation, you'd still love it! At least I would! I would never get tired of not working, not now, not ever!!

    Happy Thanksgiving! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete