Thursday, November 12, 2009

Random Thursday: Sirius and Bon Jovi

So I was all set to write tonight about my book club and talk about our latest book and maybe I will or you may just have to wait until Friday. Because on the way home I was listening to my Sirius (have I mentioned how much I love my Sirius - I'm talking love in a way that it will seriously impact what kind of car I get when mine finally dies... no Sirius then no deal). Anyway... I was thinking about how great it is that I can get pretty much any type of music I want and I don't have to listen to commercials or really annoying DJ's (ok some of their DJ's are annoying but that's what my remote is for).

So I was listening to 90's on 9 and they started playing Bon Jovi. And that's now my blog topic because as I sang along to Always at the top of my lungs I was just thinking "Man they are an awesome band. And now that I've seen Britney they're on my list as number one band to see in concert."

They have a new album out - once I get it I'm going to review on here. I'm pretty sure I'll like it though. Their songs make me feel good. They make me want to tease my hair, get some big hoop earrings and leather pants and sing at the top of my lungs. Ok, well maybe not the outfit part but I had to throw a NJ stereotype in there somewhere. :)

I like their new song We Weren't Born To Follow (you can buy a digital copy of their new album The Circle on Amazon for less than $5). How can you not love feel good rock music? I saw them on the Today Show yesterday (they didn't sing WWBTF that I saw but they sang a bunch of other great songs) and they were really good live, too. The audience was really into it, it didn't sound like they were relying just on a track, it was a good show.

The funny thing is I didn't like Bon Jovi before I moved to NJ. I didn't hate them but they weren't a band I had on my iPod (ok on my mix CDs). I think living in NJ for any amount of time you have to start liking them - it's like a requirement to live in the state. (Sorry guys but I'm still not a Bruce fan).

Anyways, this blog post probably doesn't have a real point but then again maybe it does. Maybe there are some singers/bands that make you stop and think - man I really like them and I want to shout it at the top of my lungs. Who do you like? Who are the bands or singers that you don't care how embarrassing it is but you still love them? I don't consider liking Bon Jovi an embarrassment but I do cringe a bit when I admit to loving the Spice Girls (I mean come on who wouldn't want Posh's wardrobe).

No comments:

Post a Comment