Monday, November 9, 2009

Thankful

So with Thanksgiving fast approaching I was thinking today that people don't take enough time and really think about what they are thankful for. Sure on Thanksgiving day you may go around and come up with something lame to say in front of family but do you honestly set for a minute to ponder everything that is going so right in your life?

So in honor of Thanksgiving, I've decided to do 30 days of what I'm thankful for. Each day I'll post a new thought. Don't worry I'll do real post too but I want to get you thinking and maybe you can make your own list. I'd be interested to read along.

I need to catch up for the nine days I missed so here are the first nine things I'm thankful for...

1. Friends and Family. This is a given and if it's not on your list it should be. These are the people that love you and support you. The people that laugh with you and comfort you when you cry. Without my friends and family I wouldn't be half the person I am today. I love each and every one of you.

2. My husband for encouraging me to write more and to start this blog. And for all the other nice things he does that I don't always say thank you for... I know he should count as one too but he can have his own number.

3. My new puppy, C. She's taught me how quickly you can fall in unconditional love with someone. She's shown me its ok to slow down and get enjoyment out of the simple things in life. Who knew leaves and butterflies were so fascinating? And she's taught me to be more patient.

4. My job. I may have a love/hate relationship with it but I know that with everything going on in the world right now I'm damn lucky to have a job with a company that is stable.

5. The fact that I have enough money to pay my bills and put food on my table. Goes back to number 4 not everyone is that lucky and yeah sometimes we struggle and sometimes I can't do everything I want to do but I'd like to think I can be grateful for all the things I do have.

6. Living in a place that has four seasons. I may hate the freezing cold and the blistering heat but without one I can't appreciate the other. There's something magical about a dusting of snow on your lawn at Christmas. I feel very Charles Dicken's wrapping up in my warm coat and scarf and building a snowman. I love spring and fall here because it's so mild, the flowers are blooming or the leaves are falling. And I even love hot sticky summer because nothing feels better than dipping into a cold pool on a hot day.

7. For long weekends where I can just relax. Sometimes you just have to be lazy.

8. That I live in a great country. Ok, this sounds cheesy but come on you have to have some national pride. I'm sure there are other countries that are just as great but there is never any place better than home.

9. For all the men and women that fought so hard to make America what it is today. I know this sounds cheesy too but if you can't be cheesy at Thanksgiving when can you....

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great idea!! I love it! I will start one too, I have a lot more days to catch up on though. I'll do it tonight!

    ReplyDelete