Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankful 15

Halfway through already. I can't believe it. Is it just me or has this year flown by? So even though I haven't been on a vacation in months I'm pretty thankful that I was able to go on two this year (ok so one was to NJ but it counts). I love vacations. I hate the packing and the planning but once I'm there I could move to my new favorite location in a second and spend my days waitressing at some beachside restaurant. I always joke with my husband that if we win the lottery I'm moving to Bermuda. This is a joke since a. I never play the lottery it's a waste of money and b. I'd have to win the freaking mega millions to move there (it's super expensive to buy houses there).

But anyway, back to vacations. There is something very Indiana Jones about going somewhere new and exploring. Ok so my exploring is taking the local bus system and reading a guide book for cool places to go but still... So today I'm thankful for vacations and since the sun is finally out I'm dreaming of fruity drinks with umbrellas and the soft lapping of waves hitting the sand.

2 comments:

  1. This made me want to go somewhere warm and sunny too! Or on our NYC trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! We should plan something for this year.

    ReplyDelete