Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Favorite Things - Bright Pink Blush

So if I had to rank materialistic things I love in order make-up would make my top ten. I’m not one of those girls that cakes it on, although false eyelashes and smoky eyes can be fun but I have devoted a small tool chest to my love of make-up. It’s one of those things that I can’t understand women that don’t love it. It camouflages the negative, accentuates the positive and is just darn fun. Plus it’s one of those things that is pretty cheap to experiment with and not nearly as permanent as say cutting your hair off or getting a tattoo. My motto with make-up is pretty much I’ll try it and if it doesn’t work – wash it off.

So my tip for today is bright pink blush. I’m not talking baby pink or peach or bronze. I’m talking hot pink blush. Now don’t close out your computer screen and run back to your bag of neutrals. Pink blush is surprisingly flattering – google it if you don’t believe me. You have to find the right pink for your skin tone but it isn’t hard to do – most make-up counter women can help you out.

I believe the pink is flattering because most people naturally have pink in their cheeks. Adding a little more gives you a nice little flush.

So my two favorites:

Bobbi Brown Pale Pink – Ironically in the container this looks pretty darn close to hot pink. On it comes out a soft flush – very natural, very wearable.

Bare Minerals Giddy Pink – this is more of a rose pink with a hint of sparkle. It’s a loose powder, I tip the jar over so some lands on the cap, hit the cap once with my brush and then open it. You should find a small amount of the make-up still in the cap. Run your brush over it; tap it on the edge of the cap to remove excess and swipe on.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little skeptical, I'll admit it! You'll need to let me borrow yours one day to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can borrow them. I was skeptical too but I feel like it really wakes my face up and I'm not like all peachy-orange. Although I do love my bronzer.

    ReplyDelete