Friday, November 13, 2009

Thankful 13

You would think that coming up with these would be easy. I debate about them a lot though because some of the things I'm thankful come across as sounding materialistic or not as "good" as saying something major like a Miss America contestant wishing for world peace. The thing is though I shouldn't be embarrassed to list the silliest things up here because this is my list of thankful things and I have 30 days so if a few days are crazy silly then that's ok.

It's been raining here the last few days. I'm not talking drizzles. I'm talking downpours. It's cold, it's wet, its generally miserable. But today I thought about it, waking up and seeing that it was finally just drizzling and the sun was peaking out. If you don't have rain you don't have the days to look forward to afterwards. You wouldn't have rainbows or flowers or grass or pretty much anything. So I'm thankful for the rainy days because they give me the perfect excuse to curl up and watch Project Runway marathons or movies and for the fact that it gives me something to look forward to - the nothing can beat it feeling of the warm sun finally peeking out behind the clouds to kiss your face hello.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a lucky B!! Haha! These past few days have been perfect to crawl up and watch some TV and blog and stalk on facebook. You are lucky you had two days off this week! I would have super enjoyed it especially since I have like 3 Chelsea Lately's, GG, Greek, 30 Rock, and The Office all on DVR that I need to watch!

    Soooo, you sort of stole my idea, (I mean, obviously I'm joking). I was going to say I was thankful for the rain (like a sort of sarcastic post trying to see the glass half full). But then someone told me that even their own mom wasn't coming to cheer them on at the half, and I felt really sad for them, and so I changed post instead to what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry!!! You can still say the rain too. That's really sad about the mom not going to cheer them on. My mom would probably have a camera out and make me stop for photos. haha

    I'm coming to your house all those DVR episodes sound amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete