Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful 22

I'm thankful for libraries so I can check out and read as many books as I can get my hands on. Plus I like the free magazine basket.

Libraries are great - they save you a ton of money on books (and most also have DVDs and CDs).
I especially love my library. I still go to one closer to my old house and the extra drive is worth it. The librarians there all know me. One even cut out my wedding announcement and left it in the book for me. The last time I was there two of the librarians were giving me reviews on the books I checked out.

To me libraries are kind of fun - you never know what book you are going to find, the books all have that same old library smell to them, and I like the quiet. Libraries are the perfect place to just sit still and think.

2 comments:

  1. I think if the librarians know your name, it's totally worth the drive. It always feels so good to go somewhere where they know you and care about you. The thing about them cutting out your wedding announcement was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing was when I got home I played dumb and pretended to be flipping through the book. I was like OMG K look what they were using for a bookmark and showed him the announcement. He believed me for a half second.

    ReplyDelete