Sunday, November 29, 2009

Book Review: The Wet Nurse’s Tale

I’m not sure how to review this book, mainly because I don’t love it but I don’t hate it either. Have you ever read a book and then afterwards closed it and said “that was ok.” That’s how I felt.

What I liked: the story is quick, it’s interesting, the character isn’t your typical heroine (I didn’t like that they told you this a million times – I get it Susan is fat not well educated, poor and not very attractive).

What I didn’t like: the story just ends rather abruptly and how everything wraps up is too clean – I expected something messier and not as easy. The brief reasons why women use wet nurses (stuck in between every chapter). The reasons were interesting, the characters were interesting but for me they did nothing to enhance Susan’s story.

So should you read it? Maybe. It wouldn’t be my first choice but it wouldn’t be my last either. Helpful right?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, totally random. I guess mostly for me, not sure I've even heard of this. Who wrote it?

    Yes, I think I'm probably going to pass on it.

    By the way, this is how I felt about L.A. Candy. Just finished it and was like "Meh."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Erica Eisdorfer - guess I should have included that in the blog.

    I felt the same way about L.A. Candy plus it was a little boring I thought.

    ReplyDelete