Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Recipe - Alfredo Ham

So if you had said five years ago I would like to cook I would have laughed at you. But since I got a house and I don't have anyone to cook for me anymore nor the money to go out all the time I have found that it's not cooking I detest it's the cleaning up afterwards. I've actually found cooking to be (gasp) fun. I try to make one new recipe a week and I've even gotten brave enough to tweak my current favorites (usually when I'm missing ingredients).

So I've decided to post my favorite recipes or tweaks when I come across them. I'll cite the ones that I borrow from other places and let you know which are mine. Some will be easy... ok most. I work people I don't have time to cook meals that take half a day to prepare!

So tonight's recipe is for ... well I'm calling it Alfredo Ham Bake. I originally used a Pillsbury recipe and tweaked it so this is a mix of mine and theirs.

Ingredients
2 ham steaks (the ones that come pre-cooked) - cubbed
1 small jar Alfredo Sauce
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (about half of a small jar) - chopped
4 oz Havarti Cheese (I buy sliced and it comes 8 oz) - cut the cheese in cubes or tear it up in small pieces - ends up being about 5 to 6 slices
1 small bag of mixed veggies or whatever kind of vegetable you have in the freezer (I've tried peas and mixed veggies)
3 cups uncooked pasta (I use bow-ties but again anything small like macaroni noodles would work)

Preheat oven to 350.

Cook the pasta according to directions and drain. In a 3 qt saucepan - heat the sauce. Add pasta, ham, tomatoes, cheese and veggies. Heat.

Spray casserole dish with Pam (or grease with butter). Pour pasta mixture into dish. Cover with foil. Bake for 30-45 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment