Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful 26

Happy Thanksgiving! So if you guys have been following along we are finally at the big day. It's all about the food, the parades, the family, traditions... the list goes on and on. It's finally Thanksgiving but don't sit back and get lazy we still have four more days of thankful after today.

Today we should be thankful for Thanksgiving because without it we wouldn't have been doing this whole month of thankful. So embrace everything Thanksgiving-y. Pumpkin pie (sweet potato is better), turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, the excuse to just eat and eat and eat. I've already decided to wear leggings - no tight jeans today. What other holiday is it perfectly acceptable to eat until you can't move? Ok, I'm not going to do that but I am looking forward to a day with my family, the food, the relaxing, and everything else that goes along with Thanksgiving.

Let's talk for one second about traditions before I wrap this up and find out what time the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade comes on.... Do you have a Thanksgiving tradition that you do every year with your family? Maybe it's a special dish or a place you all go? I'll start. We always rotate houses and it's always a pot-luck where everyone is supposed to contribute. My dad usually says a blessing. And someone will usually ask everyone to say one thing they are thankful for. Hmmm good for me that I have 26 to use (I've done my homework). I'm bringing baked pineapple which would be my own tradition because it's basically sugar, butter and pineapple and it's a "side" not "dessert" - it's also perfectly acceptable to eat this in large quantities ignoring all other sides. We always have turkey and sometimes ham biscuits. That's everything I can think of - can't wait to hear yours. And if you're lucky I'll post the baked pineapple recipe for you.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you suggested this, I have tons to mention what I'm thankful for, and as far as my traditions are concerned, they are outlined at my post!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving too! :) Glad you like the post idea and it's a good way to write everyday.

    ReplyDelete