Wednesday, December 2, 2009

1 Claus a Giving...

Running into a real life Claus can make your whole day. A Claus (thing or person) brings forth happiness. So for my first even day Claus let's talk about people that give something for nothing.

I could say people who volunteer, or donate money to charities, but I want to include people that will help random strangers or friends on the street and expect nothing in return. In a way I think most of us could fit into this category. Ever held the door for a woman with a stroller? Ever offered to pay for a friend's lunch just because?

These Clauses don't expect anything in return and just like Santa are content in just giving. They are the people who offer to help you and then follow through. The people that donate hours and hours to rebuilding houses or feeding the homeless.

I think we should all strive to be more like that. I'm not saying be a pushover who is always covering your friend's tab or forever recommending your deadbeat neighbor for a job but someone who takes a few minutes out of their day to do something nice for someone else. I challenge you to do one nice thing today and expect nothing in return. Maybe call someone and offer to help them with their resume, open the door for someone on the way to work, volunteer for an hour, write a check to your charity, or just say hi to that person you pass everyday in the hall. Giving something for nothing can be as big or as small as you like. And like the Grinch you might find your heart has suddenly grown two sizes too big.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one! I will meet your challenge today! I hope! :)

    ReplyDelete