Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year...

Ahhh Christmas. Thinking about it gives me chills. I turn into an anxious six-year-old girl dutifully arranging homemade sugar cookies onto a plate, pouring a glass of milk and writing my note to Santa and my elf Shorty. The elf thing is a long story but started back when it was okay to say Christmas in school and the teacher had us write to Santa. Instead of Santa writing back an elf did, saying how busy Santa was but he was so glad to hear from us... anyway...

As I was saying Christmas just makes me happy. And the thing that makes me the happiest is all the traditions. So I'm not waiting for the Toy's R Us Toy Book anymore but I might still sneak a peak and wish I was still young enough to play with Barbies. And I'm not too grown up to admit that I still look forward to Christmas specials. How can you not love Rudolph?

And one of the best things ever is that where I live Santa comes along on the fire truck every year. They publish the route and days in the local paper. I actually have it written in my calendar so I don't forget. It's this Sunday!!! I'll try to post photos but my camera is notoriously bad at taking photos at night.

It's not just the bells and whistles of putting up a tree and singing carols. It's going to church at 11 and walking out in silence holding a candle. It's laying under the tree and just watching the lights twinkle. It's relaxing. I'll even say you could mediate doing it. It's the extra time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment