Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Queen B.

So I'm probably a little old to watch Gossip Girl but since I'm not like 45 it's not embarrassing to admitting to loving it. My friend SP loves Serena (see her blog here). I've never been a Serena fan - she's ok but she dresses slightly trashy (ok expensive trashy) and is kind of a whore (her on-screen loves are all quasi-related - friends, relatives... gross). Blair has always been my favorite. Deliciously bitchy but a nice girl underneath, impeccably dressed - trendy but with a touch of old-school classic flair. Think Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly brought into the 2000's.

I think I might like her more because at the end of the day she's the one whose wardrobe I would steal. (Jenny is too punk rocker, Vanessa - I don't know, Serena - we already discussed). Plus who wouldn't want to be a little bit more ballsy? Blair is apologetically a semi-mean girl (semi because she's a sweetie at the end of the day), stomping, fighting, and pouting her way to what she wants and because she's the Queen Bee - she usually gets it.



I'm copying SP's idea and here are a few of my favorite Blair looks of the moment.


I'm loving the 1920's vibe she has the season. The hats, the coats, the shoes... It makes me want to go shopping... if only I had Blair's budget!



Ok I can't find a good one of this outfit but it was super cute. I'm in love with that necklace.






You can't see it very well but she wore the cutest hat in this episode (it's in her hands)... I want one.





Very Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face (good movie if you haven't seen it). Leggings, red peep-toes, cape...



The only thing that makes me sad is that the GossipGirlInsider says the next new episode isn't until March - really??? The last episode was so good I don't think I can wait that long.






Photos from www.gossipgirlinsider.com

2 comments:

  1. Ok! Once again, I have TONS of comments on this one! Nothing like GG to get me excited!

    First, off, let me clarify, it's Blake specifically I'm obsessed with! :) Not Serena. It has nothing to do with GG, that's just a coincidence! (But honestly, that might be more pathetic, obsessed with a young celebrity, rather than a character on a TV show. I don't know, which one is more pathetic, haha?)

    Secondly, I definitely don't think we are too old to watch GG. In fact, it's targeted to the market of 18-35 if you read the polls and stuff like that. So, we're right smack dab in the middle of its target age, so nothing to be embarrassed there as far as age is concerned. Now, as far as trash TV and lack of substance, yea, now that's something we might not want to shout in certain circles!

    Thirdly, I think you are right about the different dressing styles, although I wouldn't say no to any of the wardrobes if someone gave them to me! Haha! I'd do slutty expensive, classic trendy, rocker punk, or Bohemian trendy (which is what I'm going with for Vanessa), it don't matter, I'd adopt my style accordingly! (Although, I'd classify Serena as more of high fashion trendy, think Carrie Bradshaw, but I do agree 100% with your analysis of Blair's style).

    I like the first picture with the hat and the necklace, I remember you saying you wanted it, but it cost like $3,000!!! Whaaaa!? I think her hat is super cute in it too. And the last photo, yes, definitely very Audrey Heburn. Classic.

    And lastly, I know! Not until MARCH!!?? WTF?! And did this week's episode actually make you cry!? I know it made me! :) But cry in a good way, like I was touched, not because it was sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good to know we are in the middle although like you said might not announce it at work that I'm watching GG instead of Discovery Channel or PBS.

    This week's episode was so sad. I feel bad for Chuck. I used to really hate him but I've done a 180 and am in love with his character this year. Blair and him are super cute together. I think both of them are really good people underneath but they have this hard bitchy exterior.

    Bohemian trendy is a good way to classify Vanessa, I'd probably take her look 2nd then Serena before I did Jenny's punk-rock Avril look. I'm not feeling it and I think its really harsh with her super blonde hair. It would look totally better on someone with dark hair like Vanessa or Blair. I just think Serena needs to cover up sometimes. No one wears dresses cut to their belly button for Thanksgiving with the fam... well no one I know. And I think in real life I'm much more of a combo between Blair and Vanessa. So I don't know.

    I know the GossipGirlInsider said March 8 - WTF that is like a really long time... not even a quick little break for Xmas.

    Did you hear Jenny or whatever her real name is - is pissed that Leighton's songs have played on GG and they won't play hers. lol

    I love the first picture. I want that whole outfit. And the white coat and grey hat. I don't even like hats and she makes me want to curl my hair and buy a hat. I might be getting a knockoff version of her necklace for Xmas ;) (obv. not a $3k one).

    ReplyDelete