Monday, December 21, 2009

Purple Passion

I wasn't ever really into nail polish. I'm sort of a perfectionist when it comes to nails. If the polish isn't perfect it's coming off so nail polish and I after about a day have an angry break-up. Still recently (within in the last two-three years) I've been like a 16 year-old girl experimenting with polish changes. I've tried everything I should have done in high school but never did - navy blue, deep purple-black, hot pink, yellow, white and everything in between.
So when People StyleWatch had an article on purple nails I was hooked.
I normally get OPI - it's the only thing I've found that goes on easily and stays on forever. But I was in a hurry and at CVS so I picked up Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine Nail Color in 05 Flair. It's like a deep violet with a lot of shine. Love it. I put on one coat with no top or bottom coat and surprise it lasted all day.

So check it out and let me know if purple is something you could do...
Article found People StyleWatch November 2009.

2 comments:

  1. Please. "Something I could do?" How about something I've been rocking for years now! ;)

    I agree with you, growing up, I hated nail polish because I thought finger nails should be nude, and toes colored. But now I love love painting my nails. But the second it's smudged, chipped, matted down, it's gone. I hate it unless it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd like this post. I should have said shoutout to SP.

    ReplyDelete